1) Sports Wax Promotions is a PayPal Marketplace. Buyers (and sellers) must have an established, pre-existing PayPal account to transact on the platform.
2) Sellers only ship to the domestic USA shipping address on the PayPal invoice. There is no international shipping. Buyers can list any domestic United States shipping address in their PayPal account, including those of third parties such as ShipMyCards or various others. Please do not ask a seller to ship to an address other than the one you elect within your PayPal account. During the PayPal checkout process it is the buyer’s responsibility to provide an accurate and secure shipping address to the seller. In the event a buyer is not going to be available to take delivery of a package for any reason it is their responsibility to make arrangements to either have the package held at their post office or forwarded to another address. If this is not possible it is the buyer’s responsibility to instruct the seller to delay shipment until they will be available to take delivery of the item in question. Sellers are not responsible for damage that occurs as a result of packages being held for any length of time or sitting stagnant due to a buyer’s inability (for any reason) to take delivery. Sellers are also not responsible for the cost of redelivering an item that has been returned due to a mail carrier’s inability to deliver the item. Sports Wax Promotions makes no guarantees of any kind with regard to shipments between users. We are strictly a peer-to-peer marketplace and never touch inventory and or get involved in the fulfillment process in any way therefore Sports Wax Promotions is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items. That said as all payments on the platform are processed through PayPal Marketplace, buyers are protected by PayPal’s Purchase Protection. As such we strongly urge all buyers to carefully review the relevant guidelines and requirements dictated by PayPal in their user agreement under the section called PayPal’s Purchase Protection Program here.
3) For International buyers there are several services (such as ShipMyCards) which will assist you in purchasing cards on Sportswaxpromotions.com. We encourage buyers to contact them directly for details.
4) If Approved, international sellers are allowed on Sportswaxpromotions.com provided that they indicate the Country of Origin in their Listing Title so that Buyers know ahead of time from where their slabs will be shipped (for Example “Shipping from Canada”). This allows buyers to plan ahead for potential increased shipping times.
5) Any offer initiated by a buyer will be valid for 24 hours or until the seller declines, the seller counters, or the buyer cancels. Whichever of the four events occurs first.
6) If a seller accepts an offer, buyers are expected to pay within 24 hours. Not following this guideline will result in one’s account being deactivated.
7) Sellers and Buyers on SportsWaxPromotions.com are responsible for collection and payment of all Sales and Use Tax as required by law. Sportswaxpromotions.com never collects sales tax. Sellers and Buyers are expected to comply with all laws and regulations in connection with the sale, purchase and shipment of their goods. Sellers shall have the right to determine the shipping costs and any other costs associated with the sale of their goods such as sales and use taxes and to factor such costs into any decisions on setting prices.
8) All prices include Shipping. This is the same for all offers, there is no additional shipping cost.
9) Fees for buyers – Fees for buyers are based on one’s usage of the site therefore a 1% buyer/usage fee (calculated as a percentage of the transaction amount) is billed along with successful purchases. Usage fees are used solely at the discretion of Sportswaxpromotions.com for the support and maintenance of the platform.
10) If a Buyer has an issue with a transaction, the buyer should first contact the seller directly. The seller’s information can be found in the transaction history tab after purchase. We do not have the resources to intervene on issues that can be resolved with a little direct communication between buyers and sellers. In the event a buyer fails to get a response from the seller after multiple attempts the buyer may then contact Sportswaxpromotions.com customer support via the support tab on the site.
11) If a buyer has an issue with an order they are expected to first contact the seller in an effort to come to an amicable solution. If a buyer initiates a refund through PayPal without first contacting the seller, the seller should alert the Sportswaxpromotions.com team immediately. Sportswaxpromotions.com reserves the right to suspend buyers who choose not to follow this best practice. We ask all buyers to have patience and kindly give sellers the opportunity to resolve the situation amicably.
12) There are no returns, refunds, or exchanges on Sportswaxpromotions.com. If the Buyer does not receive the item paid for or if there is substantial damage to the item inside the slab or holder, the buyer and seller should communicate and come to a mutually agreeable settlement. If a settlement cannot be reached, then Sportswaxpromotions.com may attempt to help mediate.
13) Small scratches to the slab and or small cracks or chips do not qualify for a reslab fee. If the damage to the slab is significant but does not threaten the integrity of the item, the buyer is due a reslab fee from the seller. If there is significant damage to a slab or holder not visible in the images on the website that threatens the integrity of the item inside the holder and or grade, a buyer may request a refund from the seller.
14) As a community we encourage members to be understanding and respectful of one another. As such we do expect all sellers to take full responsibility for the content of their listings and to correct any errors within 24 hours of listing or last editing an item. We do ask buyers to show good faith and be understanding of the fact that a $10,000 card listed for $1,000 or a $1,500 card that is listed for $150 are in all likelihood the result of a typo and will not be honored. That said, it’s important to note that sellers who attempt to back out on or not honor completed sales due to a sudden increase in demand for a player as a result of a big game, big news, etc will be removed from the platform.
** Please Note: Buyers and Sellers may CANCEL offers and or counter-offers at any time prior to acceptance.
Sportswaxpromotions.com also offers members the ability to buy and or sell select Digital/NFT collectibles. Much of the same rules and best practices outlined in our standard Buying Guidelines still apply however given the nature of Digital Collectibles there are some nuances.
1) Collectibles hosted directly on the blockchain such as Topps MLB, Topps GPK, Sorare, and other Ethereum based NFTs will be delivered to a wallet address provided to the seller by the buyer via email after purchase is completed. Buyers are strongly urged to always double and even triple check that the wallet address provided to the seller is 100% accurate and case sensitive as once a transfer by the seller is made on the blockchain it is irreversible. If a buyer provides an incorrect wallet address (determined by comparing the email from the buyer to the digital record of the transaction) they will bear sole responsibility for the loss of the item.
2) Collectibles hosted within Apps such as Topps BUNT, Topps SKATE, Topps KICK, Panini DUNK, Panini BLITZ , and Panini FIFA will be delivered to the buyer’s account within the given App which is to be provided to the seller by the buyer via email after purchase is completed. At the present time what’s customary in both private and eBay deals when it comes to transferring App-based digital collectibles (where gifting or direct transfer isn’t an option) is that the seller will offer a trade of the purchased item to the buyer for an item of nominal value. If the item selected by the seller is unacceptable to the buyer the buyer is welcome to offer a countertrade of any item of their choosing to be exchanged for the purchased collectible. Buyers are strongly urged to always double and even triple check that the App Username provided to the seller is 100% accurate and case sensitive as once a trade offer made by the seller is accepted by another party it is irreversible. If a buyer provides an incorrect App Username (determined by comparing the email from the buyer to the digital record of the transaction) they will bear sole responsibility for the loss of the item.
3) NBA Top Shot Moments that are purchased will be “Gifted” to the buyer by the seller. It is the buyer’s responsibility to provide the seller their correct NBA Top Shot Username via email after purchase is completed. Buyers are strongly urged to always double and even triple check that the NBA Top Shot Username provided to the seller is 100% accurate and case sensitive as once a Top Shot Moment is “Gifted” it is irreversible. If a buyer provides an incorrect Top Shot Username (determined by comparing the email from the buyer to the digital record of the transaction) they will bear sole responsibility for the loss of the item.